- Abstract viewed - 683 times
- PDF downloaded - 289 times
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
© Medicine and Pharmacy Reports, 2021
1. Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Dinu I. Dumitrascu
2. Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Marius T. Bojita
3. Faculty of Pharmacy, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Dan L. Dumitrascu
4. 2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca, Romania
How to Cite
Medicine and Pharmacy in the works of Dante Alighieri (1265-1321)
Vol 95 No 2 (2022)
Section: History of Medicine and Pharmacy
The 700th commemorative year of Dante’s death began on 25 March 2021, the day of the Annunciation of the Lord, of the creation of the world, the New Year’s Day in old Florence according to ab Incarnatione. On 25 March 2021, Holy Father Francis published the apostolic letter Candor Lucis Aeternae solemnly uniting the voice of the catholic church with the chorus of all the ones honoring the memory of the illustrious poet Dante Alighieri. In professional fraternity the voices of the guild colleagues join in, physicians and pharmacists, descendants of those in Arte dei Medici e degli Speziali, which proudly included among their members Dante Alighieri, at the crossing between the 13th and 14th centuries.